Welland County Law Association
Contact InformationR. Boak Burns Law Library
102 East Main Street
Approximately 150 lawyers from Welland, Fonthill, Fort Erie, Niagara Falls, Port Colborne, Thorold and Ridgeway.
2 week loan policy. Some materials are designated as non-circulatory.
All England Reports (1936-1988); Queen's Bench Division (1875-1900, 1952-1986); King's Bench Division (1901-1951); Exchequer Division (1865-1880), Upper Canada Queen's Bench (1845-1881).
The Welland County courthouse built from Queenstone limestone dates back to 1856 and was designed by Kivas Tully. In 1997, the courthouse underwent extensive renovations while still remaining a beautiful example of the neoclassical style. The R. Boak Burns Law Library, located in the courthouse, is named in honour of the late R. Boak Burns, Q.C., former President of the Welland County Law Association.
Computer User Workstations:
Situated on the lower level of the Welland County Courthouse, the library features four computer workstations, three large work tables, and a TV/VCR. Access is via a magnetic swipe card. Visiting counsel may access the library during regular business hours.